Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vegan Gluten Free Pancakes!

Visiting home means sleepovers and making breakfast for my besties! I love making breakfast for friends, yet refuse to do it for myself. So this morning I made yummy vegan gluten free pancakes for my friend Linsay.



Ingredients:
1 banana
1 apple
1 tbsp flax seeds
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 cup Bobs Redmill GF pancake mix
splash of original almond milk
pinch of cinnamon

Chop 1 banana and 1 apple into 1" pieces and blend in food processor with flax seeds and vanilla. Put mixture into large bowl and add 1/2 cup pancake mix, mix with fork until smooth. Add a splash of almond milk to make mixture less dry. Add cinnamon.

I used coconut oil to fry up these pancakes. They take about 3 minutes on each side and hold together whether you make them small or large. I would totally make these again, possibly replacing the banana with pumpkin to see how they turn out. Pumpkin spice pancakes sound pretty appealing right now. Would also be awesome with carob chips added into the batter.

I'll probably be posting more food related posts this week since I will be on a cooking/baking spree. Prepare for recipes for a yummy Tofurky dinner, smores cupcakes and vegan pumpkin cheesecake. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment